Sunday, November 21, 2010

Perfect music to relax with


 Freelance Whales at ND501 11/11/10


I had the opportunity to see Freelance Whales at ND501 in Austin a week ago.  Their music is great for when you’re driving around town or listening to music to go to sleep.  The lead singer, Judah Dadone, has a soft-toned voice that reminds of someone like Sufjan Stevens. 

The concert was great!  They use many different instruments so it’s not as if all of the songs sound pretty similar, they all have their own unique sound.  “The Great Estates” is definitely on my “PM” playlist I play when I’m getting ready to go to sleep, while “Hannah” has more of an electronic sound to it.  The entire “Weathervanes” album is worth checking out.

As a side note, Miniature Tigers opened for Freelance Whales.  I had never heard of them but became a new fan right when they started playing.  I think their music sounds like Vampire Weekend, which is always a positive thing of course.  They are also a band one should check out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment