Monday, December 27, 2010

My new favorite music to chill to




I recently discovered the band Land of Talk while aimlessly clicking through artists that iTunes says I may “like.” I’m so happy they did!  Land of Talk’s lead singer, Elizabeth Powell, has been featured in songs by Broken Social Scene, which drew me to her music. 

Powell’s voice is soft and almost bluesy and the music ranges from a folk rock to alternative.  If I were to make a playlist with her music, Beach House would be an obvious addition to it because they have the same soft sound. 

I have not listened to all of the albums yet; however, I personally love her song “It’s Okay.” It’s about goodbyes and letting go, a little depressing but I still like it!  All of her songs are great to chill to, check them out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment