Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012 ACL Lineup Release



The 2012 ACL Lineup was announced today, and while I have seen many of these bands in the past year, I'm still very excited that I went ahead and purchased my early bird pass! 

My must see bands so far (before checking out any that I do not recognize) are—

The Black Keys
Florence + the Machine
AVICII - I'm just excited to see everyone rage at this show
The Shins - They released an amazing album this year "Port of Morrow"
Gotye - What's that one song he sings again?? ;)
M83 - Saw them at Stubbs last week, I loved them!! I know you've heard "Midnight City"
Thievery Corporation - A fun hippie band to check out
Crystal Castles - Another dance party to attend
Andrew Bird - Although I haven't really heard any of his new music
Metric
Band of Skulls
Alabama Shakes - They were amazing at SXSW
Delta Spirit - They put on a great show at Emo's East last month
M. Ward
The War on Drugs - I was sad I missed them at SXSW
Bombay Bicycle Club - "Shuffle" has been one of my favorite songs this year
Oberhofer
POLICA
Tennis - Another band I unfortunately missed at SXSW
Zola Jesus
Los Campesinos!
Freelance Whales - Maybe his brother who's on Glee will show up?? Celeb-spotting?? Probably not.
The Lumineers - I really love their song "Ho Hey"
First Aid Kit - Love this folk music sister duo
Caveman

Also, A-Trak and Kimbra will be there, I wonder if they will play their new hit "Warrior"  that they did with Mark Foster (Foster the People).... I would love to see that performance! (fun fact: you can get this song for free here)



No comments:

Post a Comment